Next to lack of sleep, Dr. Oz says stress is the number 2 cause of premature aging.
Bad news for many with high amounts of stress in their lives.
What are some of the major causes of stress:
1. Bills and financial obligations.
2. Family members who overspend using your money.
3. Noisy and negative people full of whining and complaining.
4. Succumbing to and allowing yourself to be emotionally manipulated by others expectations.
5. Nonstop technological and media bombardment infringing on your mental space and inner peace.
That being said do the following to minimize stress:
1. Pay your bills on time each month.
2. Live beneath your means spending less than you earn.
3. Demand that family who add to your expenditures carry their weight, contribute and pay bills too (or don't spend).
4. Sleep 8 hours daily (every 24 hours....whenever it is you sleep) to renew and revitalize your body, calm your emotions and quiet your mind.
5. Stop complaining & negative criticism, while eliminating those who do from your midst.
6. Express more thankfulness to God and others throughout your day.
7. Practice deep breathing to take in more oxgyen (vital to life) and calm nervous emotions.
8. Slow down and think before you speak and hastily act.
9. Take time daily (best time is at the beginning of the day) to quietly reflect and meditate.
10. Set your intention at the beginning of each day to direct your energy and guard your focus.
11. Lower the volume when speaking and listening to the radio, TV and others on the phone.
12. Cultivate a healthy sense of humor and laugh more throughout your day.
13. Use your answer machine more often and stop being bulldozed over by demanding and needy people.
14. Exercise daily to achieve optimal health, peak performance, burn fat, detox and increase blood flow.
15. Eat cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and kale (all high in stress-relieving B vitamins).
16. Get a full body massage at least once a month.
17. Sweat and detox in a sauna.
18. Travel away from home every three months (minimum), even if just for a weekend road trip, to get away and enjoy your life.
19. Listen to instrumental music.
20. Mute commercials on TV and the radio, or fast forward through them (if pre-recorded), or change channels.
Cauliflower is also one of the very best sources of vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid, the latter of which helps turn carbohydrates and fats into usable energy and improves your ability to respond to stress by supporting your adrenal glands. Fatigue, listlessness, numbness and tingling or burning pain in the feet are all indications that you may need more vitamin B5 in your diet.
The above mentioned are all phenomenal ways to minimize stress, slow down the aging process, live happier, longer and stronger.
http://www.PaulFDavis.com - worldwide stress reduction speaker, former fitness trainer, author and life coach