Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tiger Woods Statement, Apology and the Media Frenzy Alleging Infidelity and Transgressions

According to ABC news (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/tiger-woods-statement-read-apology-addressing-family-accident/story?id=9226683) Tiger released the following statement today his website:


I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However upon visiting Tiger's website (http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200911297726222/news/), Tiger's statement says:

As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone find the link on Tiger's website where he allegedly and supposedly mentioned "regreting those transgressions" anywhere?

The tabloid US Magazine, never known to be a gospel source of truth in the past, has posted what they claim to be a voice mail of Tiger to Los Angeles cocktail waitress Jaimee Grubbs.

(http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/hear-tiger-panic-to-mistress-my-wife-may-be-calling-you-2009212)

Half truths and mere speculation will have to wait until Tiger and Elin come forth with their own statements.

Meanwhile the media frenzy alleging infidelity continues, while dubious women sell their souls for dough.

Paul F Davis - author of "Adultery 101", "Stop Lusting & Start Living", and "Breakthrough For A Broken Heart"

http://www.PaulFDavis.com

info @ PaulFDavis.com

407-967-7553

No comments: